CEC's Children and Youth Action Network C.A.N.
is an organized group of volunteers who are dedicated to helping
advance policy affecting students with disabilities and/or gifts and
CAN seeks to:
- Effect the necessary governmental changes at the local, state and
federal levels which will make possible the implementation of CEC
policies relating to the education of exceptional children
- To further vitalize CEC units by providing meaningful vehicles for
membership and CEC public visibility. Each state and subdivision is
represented by a CAN Coordinator.
How can you become involved?
There are many ways to help support the goals of CAN. Below are some of
the ways to help advance policy affecting students with disabilities
and/or gifts and talents:
- Email your members of Congress directly from CEC's Legislative Action Center - and tell your family, friends and colleagues to do the same!
- Sign up for CEC's Weekly Policy Updates by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for CEC's Smart Brief for the latest news send directly to your inbox five times per week by visiting www.smartbrief.com/cec
- Continue to monitor CEC's web site for breaking news and information
- Contact your State of Subdivision's CAN coordinator
Become involved in advocacy for children with communicative disabilities and deafness by contacting:
DCDD's CAN Coordinator Stan Dublinske (email@example.com) (301 293-5707)
For More Information:
Please visit the CEC Web Site.