The Division for Communicative Disabilities and Deafness (DCDD) is
concerned with the well- being, development, and education of infants,
toddlers, children, and youth with communication and learning disorders,
ranging from mild to profound, and/or who are deaf or hard of hearing.
DCDD aims to provide information to professionals and families regarding
(a) the development of communication and learning abilities, (b) the
prevention of communication and learning disorders, and (c)
evidence-based assessment and intervention practices for individuals
with speech, language, learning, and/or hearing difficulties.
Features: What you Get By Joining DCDD
- Access to specialized Professional Development Activities in communication disabilities and deafness
- DCDD Facebook Site Access
- Website Access: http://community.cec.sped.org/DCDD/Home/
- Journal: Communication Disorders Quarterly a quarterly research and practice publication (see below)
- Invitation to Memberfest (annual meeting of DCDD members at the CEC Convention)
Benefits of Joining DCDD and CEC
- All the Features and Benefits of CEC Membership
- Exceptional Children research journal
- Teaching Exceptional Children practice journal
- CEC Today newsletter
- CEC online Job Board
- CEC website access
- Collaboration from multiple perspectives within special education
- A Supportive Professional Development Community
- Opportunities for annual convention and online professional development resources
- Participation in discussions with colleagues in Communicative Disabilities and Deafness
- DCDD website and Facebook access to specialized presentations, convention programs and joint committee papers
- Collaboration from multiple perspectives in language, literacy and literacy
- Opportunity for Professional Advancement
- Easy access to participation at the national level in DCDD committees
- Routine contact with DCDD leadership (phone, email, website, facebook)
- DCDD Board members sit on several national committees such as the
National Joint Committee (NJCLD) on Learning Disabilities and the
National Joint Committee for the Communication Needs of Persons with
Severe Disabilities (NJC)
- Opportunity for Creativity
- Opportunity to submit presentations and poster to the national CEC convention including the DCDD program
- Postings on the DCDD Facebook page
- Theory to Practice section of journal invites members to submit articles describing application of research
- A Larger Voice for Advocacy
- Strength in numbers. Tired of feeling isolated? Join your voice with others and be heard.
- Political action. Join forces with CEC as THE voice for special education on Capitol Hill.
- The Common Ground of Deaf Education. A place where the field can unite and work toward common goals.
Communication Disorders Quarterly is a journal of research,
intervention and practices in speech, language and hearing. It is the
official journal of the Division for Communicative Disabilities and
Deafness in CEC. Each issue has the following features: quantitative
and qualitative research articles, Clinical Forums, short tutorials,
From the Field Interviews, and a comprehensive conference calendar.
Special Series are created by Associate Editors and/or interested
professionals from the field. These are composed of 3-6 related
articles that are invited and edited by the Special Series editor.
Please contact the Editor in Chief if you are interested in hosting a
CDQ has an international Board of Reviewers, and publishes several
articles each year from authors outside the United States. The largest
percentage of subscriptions of CDQ are held in Europe.
Online access is available to subscribers by visiting cdq.sagepub.com
Manuscripts may be submitted at any time, using the Manuscript Central URL
Information for authors is available at the same site.