The Division for Communication, Language, and Deaf/Hard of Hearing (DCD formerly known as DCDD) is concerned with the well- being, development, and education of infants, toddlers, children, and youth with communication and learning disorders, ranging from mild to profound, and/or who are deaf or hard of hearing. DCD aims to provide information to professionals and families regarding (a) the development of communication and learning abilities, (b) the prevention of communication and learning disorders, and (c) evidence-based assessment and intervention practices for individuals with speech, language, learning, and/or hearing difficulties.
Strategic Plan 2018
1. Maintain/Increase membership
2. Advocacy work for maltreatment of children with exceptionalities
3. Revise D/HH Standards based on direction from CEC
4. Expand professional development opportunities
5. DCD will be the non-bias community hub for DHH resources
6. Undertake special projects in response to feedback from professionals in the field, members, & other stakeholders