With the 2016 volume year, Career Development and Transition for Exceptional Individuals (CDTEI) will begin publishing four issues per year. Concurrent with this change, CDTEI has developed a new section, “Transition in Practice,” and is seeking practitioner-focused contributions via its submission portal (https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/cdtei) as of September 1, 2015.
The official journal of the Division on Career Development and Transition (DCDT)–CEC, CDTEI focuses on the fields of secondary education, transition, and career development of persons with documented disabilities and/or special needs. Suggested topics for the new section include, but are not limited to:
· Strategies for implementing secondary transition evidence-based practices with youth with disabilities
· Application of instructional technology to support the transition of youth with disabilities
· Conducting transition assessment
· Transition program evaluations
· Strategies for increasing family involvement
· Strategies for increasing culturally responsive transition planning
· Strategies for increasing collaboration with community agencies and businesses
For author guidelines, go to the submission portal (https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/cdtei) and under the Resources head, click on the link “Instructions & Forms.” A pop-up window will appear; click on the Author Guidelines link to download them.
Beginning September 1, 2015, CDTEI will be INVITING SUBMISSIONS for the new Transition in Practice section of the journal through its on-line portal at: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/cdtei.
Address further inquiries to the Transition in Practice Associate Editor, Valerie L. Mazzotti (email@example.com).