To join DCDT you must join our parent organization, the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) and indicate on the application that you would like to join the DCDT division.
Joining DCDT Entitles You to an Array of Benefits
- National, regional, state, provincial, and local conferences that offer the opportunity for continuing education units (CEU’s)
- Opportunities to network with colleagues and leaders in the field of transition.
- Forums to contribute to the field through publications, conferences, and informal meetings.
- Acquire implementation tools and practical strategies that can be applied in individual settings.
- Receipt of research-based and current publications, including:
- Career Development and Transition for Exceptional Individuals (CDTEI) journal providing research-based and practical descriptions of models, programs, and strategies.
- DCDT Network Newsletter providing latest information on legislation, projects, resources materials, and model programs.
Visit the CEC New Member Page
for complete information on membership categories and benefits. Remember to check the "Division On Career Development and Transition" when you join!
Register by Phone
Use a credit card and call CEC’s Constituent Services Center at 888-232-7733 or TTY 703-264-9446 between 9 am and 6 pm EST.
Register by FAX or Mail
Download one of the applications at the bottom of this page that best fits your category, print it, fill it out and either fax it to 703-264-9494, or send it to:
PO Box 79026
Baltimore, MD 21279-0026
Already a member of the CEC?
If you are already a CEC member, you can add the Division on Career Development and Transition (DCDT) to your membership by calling the number(s) above or by clicking here
CEC Professional Application
Use this application if you are a teacher or in a professional educational role or are a student. To qualify for a student rate you must be enrolled as a full time student in a college or university.
CEC Premier Application
Use this application if you are a professional educator and wish to be a premier member. Check out CEC's membership page to find out all of the benefits of being a premier member.
CEC Associate Application
Use this application if you are in a related field and would like to be connected to DCDT. In order to be an associate member of DCDT you must belong to the National organization.
International Membership Application
Use this application if you live outside of the United States.