Are you looking for a way to become more involved with Hawaii CEC?
The nominations committee has presented the a slate of officers for the 2018 election. Tairita Waite has been nominated for the position of President Elect, and Rhonda Black for Treasurer. The Executive Committee approved the slate of officers on 12/19/2017. Acceptance of the slate by acclimation will be presented to the HI CEC membership via a Google Form via email on 12/22/2017.
President Elect will serve in this position for 2018, President 2019 and Immediate Past President 2020.
Treasurer will serve a 2-year term January 1, 2018 - December 31, 2019.
2018 Hawaii CEC Executive Committee
- President - Rebecca Belmont
- President Elect - Tairita Waite
- Immediate Past President - Gloria Niles
- Secretary - Gayle Fox (2016-2018)
- Treasurer - Rhonda Black (2017 - 2019)
- Communications Committee Chair
Manages the Hawaii State CEC social media accounts, newsletter editor and maintains the State Unit Website.
- Constitution and Bylaws Committee Chair
Will lead the committee's work in developing a constitution for Hawaii State Unit of the Council for Exceptional Children, and receives and reviews proposed amendments to the bylaws.
All Standing Committees are seeking and welcoming new members:
The duties of each committee are described on the "Committees" page on this website.
- Programs Committee - Chair: Tairita Waite, President-Elect Hawaii CEC
- Finance Committee - Chair: Rhonda Black, Treasurer Hawaii CEC
- Membership Committee - Chair: (vacant)
- Policy and Advocacy Committee - Chair: Stephenie Blakemore
- Communications Committee - Chair: (vacant)
- Constitution and Bylaws Committee - Chair: Christy Chambers Burke
- Nominations and Elections Committee - Chair: Gloria Niles, Immediate Past President Hawaii CEC