Financial Support for Council for Exceptional Children Chapters in Maryland
Maryland CEC has budgeted for mini-grant awards, half available January 1 – June 30 and half available July 1 – December 31. Please note that proposals will be considered on a first come, first awarded basis. Grant awards will be competitive. Therefore, close adherence to the format, written communication skills and the specifics of the proposal's content will all be factors considered by the review committee. Written notice of approval or disapproval will be sent to the contact person upon review of the proposal.
Purpose - To provide financial assistance to chapters in Maryland for activities including, but not limited to, teacher training, workshops/inservice for members, chapter awards, and community service activities.
- Requirements -
- Chapters must be in good standing.
- Chapters must submit their request in writing to the President prior to any MDCEC Board meeting using the attached form.
- Upon completion of the project, the chapter will:
- Write an article for publication on the Maryland CEC web site.
- Report on their activity to the MDCEC Governing Board at the Board meeting following the event for which funds were used.
- Submit agenda, program, or other documentation from the activity.
- Chapters may request funds from the Governing Board, not to exceed $400 per chapter per fiscal year.
- Procedure –
- Complete linked Application for Financial Support.
- Complete written proposal using guidelines provided.
- Email completed application and proposal to one of the following:
Rosemary Garr: email@example.com
Laila Richman: firstname.lastname@example.org