PACEC-DADD OFFICERS FOR 2017
- President - Liz Harkins
- Vice-President - Mary Ann Shaw
- Secretary - VACANT
- Treasurer - VACANT
- Membership - VACANT
We are in need of a Secretary, Treasurer and Membership Chair! If you are interested, please contact us!!! email@example.com
We have a new website! Check it out! Remember that is is a work in progress! pacecdadd.weebly.com/
1. To advance the education and general welfare of individuals with mental retardation and developmental disabilities.
2. To promote research and enhance the competency of educators in the field of education of individuals with mental retardation and developmental disabilities.
3. To collaborate with other organizations on issues relating to mental retardation and developmental disabilities, and to disseminate such information to its members.
4. To foster public understanding of mental retardation and developmental disabilities.
5. To support the goals of the Council for Exceptional Children and its members, and to support legislation needed to accomplish all these goals.
Contact DADD at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is DADD?
The Division on Autism and Developmental Disabilities (DADD) is the official division of the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) whose purpose is to advance the education and general welfare of individuals with mental retardation, developmental disabilities, and intellectual challenges, and to serve them.
Membership in DADD has numerous advantages. DADD offers many opportunities for professional growth and networking with colleagues who share a common interest. In addition to a biennial conference with a focus on research, trends, and educational practices, DADD sponsors sessions on mental retardation and developmental disabilities at the CEC Annual International Convention, during which intensive one-day programs are devoted to relevant topics. Additionally, PA-DADD sponsors strands at the PACEC Conference held in Grantville in November and is planning additional joint conferences throughout the state with other Pennsylvania subdivisions.
DADD members stay abreast of recent advances
and trends in the field through subscriptions to:
- Education and Training in Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities - This journal serves as a medium for continuing education for teachers and practitioners by providing timely information about the direction, management, and accountability of special education programs for individuals with mental retardation an developmental disabilities.
- DADD Express - The DADD newsletter includes information about division activities, upcoming events, current trends and practices, interviews with professionals in the field, and a special column for student members.
- Position Papers - Developed by DADD to address critical issues in the field, such as program development and inclusion, assessment, extended school year programs, and capital punishment.
- Other Publications - DADD publishes and distributes a number of free or at-cost bonus books and monographs to its members on an occasional basis. This service provides economical yet authoritative resources in areas identified by members as being of topical concern.