1. To promote parent-professional collaboration in all facets of planning, designing, and implementing early childhood intervention services.
2. Advocating for policy planning and best practice in prevention and intervention that supports young children with special needs and their families in integrated settings. Respect for family values, diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, and family circumstances are integral considerations in DEC's prevention and intervention efforts.
3. Supporting those who work with or on behalf of infants and young children with special needs and their families by promoting collaboration and communication, innovations in research, dissemination and use of information, and professional development.
4. To support the goals of the Council for Exceptional Children and its members.
- President: Kathleen McKinnon email@example.com
- CAN Coordinator: