1. To Promote the education of all exceptional children and youth.
2. To serve as a resource for pre-service special educators and students.
3. To serve as a vehicle for the advancement of special education careers among students.
4. To support the goals of the Council for Exceptional Children and its members.
President: CAN Coordinator
Hannah Stynchula Lizzie Donikowski
Clarion University Edinboro University
4855 School Road South 7345 McGIll Road
Export, PA 16214 Harborcreek, Pa 16421
President-Elect Convention/Exhibit Liaison
Devin Forgey Molly Hein
Clarion University West Chester University
106 Clarion Street 204 Summit Circle
Oil City, Pa 16301 Gibsonia, Pa 15044
Secretary Treasurer Newsletter
Sarah Russ Michaela Harrison
Slippery Rock University Clarion University
448 Center Street 1513 Crawford Avenue
Zelienople, PA 16063 Altoona, Pa 16602
Rebecca Bannan Cassandra (CG) Anderson
West Chester University Clarion University
2923 Elbridge Street 132 Jones Lane
Philadelphia, Pa 19149 Clearfield, Pa 16830
Membership Student Advisors
Ashton Bundrick Barb Cassel
Clarion University firstname.lastname@example.org
200 Longbow Lane Dr. Vicky McGinley
Mars, Pa 16046 VMcGinley@wcupa.edu
BENEFITS OF BEING A STUDENT MEMBER:
- Discounted Registration rate for the convention!
- Discounted hotel room rates available: Contact Mark Kandel!
- You may apply for member group grants!
- You receive CEC publications such as "TEACHING Exceptional Children", "Exceptional Children" and "CEC Today"!
- You can join Professional Divisions that provide you with more information about a particular area of interest you have!
- You become part of CEC’s advocacy or children and youth with exceptionalities!
ATTENTION STUDENT MEMBERS AND ALL UNIVERSITIES/COLLEGES:
Are you a recognized member group? Not sure? Ask! Becoming a member group is a very simple yet extremely beneficial process! Go to the membership page of the webpage, fill out the form and send to Kristine Quinby. This will enable us to keep in contact with you and send out information on the Georgia O’Neill Scholarship AND your group can apply for grants! That’s right, if your group is in need of financial assistance to host a program and IF YOU ARE ALREADY RECOGNIZED, your group can apply for a grant! Please remember to fill out the annual report so we know that you are still active. If you have any questions about these forms, you can contact your regional director, or Kristine Quinby.
Here is a list of Member Groups recognized by PACEC as of November 1, 2009, if you do not see your Member Group on here and you would like to be - click here.
- Clarion University
- Lebanon Valley College
- Bloomsburg University
- Penn State University
- Millersville University
- Mansfield University
- Shippensburg University
- East Stroudsburg University
- Lehigh Carbon Community College Southwestern PA
- Marywood University
- Duquesne University
- St. Joseph's University
- Slippery Rock University
- Edinboro University
- Mercyhurst College
- Gannon University
- Alvernia College
- West Chester University
The Student Constitution and By-Laws are being revised. The revisions are available by clicking on the links below. The revisions will be voted on by the student board in September.
- Revision of Constitution
- Revision of By-Laws
- You can view the PA-SCEC Constitution online. Just click here to get the full text version.
- PASCEC has donated materials to universities honoring our past presidents. At this point, seven past presidents have been honored. Please check your libraries or special education departments for new materials. This project will be continued in the years. Students also need to begin thinking about next year's PACEC convention. All students are encouraged to present sessions. PASCEC plans to purchase shirts, to sell as a fund-raiser.