Who are We?
The Metro Winnipeg Council for Exceptional Children (MWCEC) is one of the three geographical chapters of the Manitoba Council for Exceptional Children (MCEC). All members of the MCEC who reside in Southeastern Manitoba are also members of the MWCEC.
What do we Do?
The Metro Winnipeg Council for Exceptional Children is dedicated to providing Professional and Personal Development opportunities to Educators and Families of children with exceptionalities. There are various ways that we do this:
- Special Area Groups for Educators (SAGE) Conferences
- Each year, MWCEC co-ordinates the MCEC SAGE.
- PD Sessions
- The MWCEC has partnered with other organizations and agencies to provide PD for both educators and families. Previous sessions have included:
- Brain Injuries
- How to prepare for your child’s IEP
- Parent Talk with Chick Moorman
- Community Conversation (Parents and School Psychology Students)
- Universal Design
- Conflict Resolution
MWCEC also offers two $500 scholarships annually to students with an exceptionality that will be pursuing post-secondary education. More information may be found here: http://community.cec.sped.org/mcec/scholarships
MWCEC 2015-2016 Executive
||Elaine Lochhead (ex officio)
||Maria Lowina Fernando, Dean Jonasson, Erin Mychasiw
Our Executive is elected at our Annual General Meeting each May.
For more information about MWCEC, contact us as email@example.com.